FOR PERSONS ABOVE 2 YEARS OLD
FOR GROUP 20 PERSONS AND ABOVE.
The group discount applies to schools, religious organizations and special partners.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Where is the zoo located? Airport Road, Opposite NPDC Complex, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
- See Directions on Google Map
- What are the opening hours? Opening hours from 9 AM till 6 PM
- What are the attractions? Interesting wildlife like majestic lions, hyena, Chimpanzee, baboons, crocodiles, various species of monkeys, ostriches, large pythons, crested porcupines, peafowls and various aquatic birds.
- Price of tickets? The entrance ticket costs N500 for individuals up to two years of age.
- Are there discounts for groups? Groups of up to 20 persons and above are entitled to a discounted rate of N400 each
- Can we come with our food from home? Yes, you may come with your food.
- Is taking photographs allowed? Yes.
- Are there provisions for event hosting? Yes, we have pavilions and open spaces for your events. For your events or Picnics. You may need to book in advance to reserve choice spaces.
Welcome to OgbaZoo and Nature Park
You are welcome to visit and explore Ogba Zoo and Nature Park, an extensive multi-purpose recreational centre in 750 Acres of Urban Park with Biological Garden and tourist resort development.
A botanical garden and arboretum created from Ogba Forest reserve in 1966. A zoological garden was added in 1971, retaining the features of a nature park in an urban setting and owned by Edo State Government, Ministry of Environment, under Management (PPP). Ogba Zoo and Nature Park is managed by BENZOPA a Non Governmental Organization which is into Bio-diversity conservation and Eco-tourism
Some of Our Animals
See different interesting animals in the Zoo Majestic Lions, Chimpanzees, Giant Tortoises, Rock Python, Pea fowls, etc. with extensive landscaped grounds, picnic areas, children’s playground with diverse new equipment and pristine forest trails, river beach, etc; all good for relaxing, social events and learning about the environment as well as its conservation.
It is an Ideal place for scientific research in biology. (Field Work), Meditation, shooting films/ musical videos, physical exercises or just fitness walk with plenty of fresh air, horse, camel and donkey rides for that perfect instant photos.